5.11.2009

are you serious?

so the battery in the Pathfinder was dead. i was stranded at school with no one around to jump me off. but what do my longing eyes see? a car coming! a student at my high school was coming to baseball practice. i signal him over and ask him for some help. he agrees and pulls up next to my car. i ask him to pop the hood and he complies. what happens next was one of those "are you serious?" moments. he gets out of the car after popping the hood. he proceeds to put his hand under the hood and pull. he had, however, forgotten about this new contraption under the hood called a latch that keeps a popped hood from flying open if driving down the road. after about 30 seconds of watching in amazement, i walked over and helped the poor lad. once the hood was open, he proceeded to tell me he had NO IDEA how to jump off a car and that i was on my own. lucky i learned when i was 12 how to jump start a car.

just out of curiousity, when did you learn how to jump start a car, if ever? this poor senior in high school had somehow missed this vital information.

No comments: